US Stock of the Day - Understanding How it Works

US Stock of the Day is for traders who are looking for a US Stock to trade each day. I base my picks on US Stocks I follow on the Nasdaq, Dow, S&P and other indices such as the Russell 1000, etc., watching for a swing in the momentum upward. I keep a tight stop loss on all trades to minimize my risk... and allow the great stock trades to continue rising. These are not recommendations... merely entertainment. Please see the warning at the bottom of this page.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me @ contactdoctorstock@gmail.com. For a Canadian stock of the Day, look at http://canadianstockoftheday.blogspot.com. Also, you may not be a short-term trader... for more stable, longer-term trades, check out http://investinthemarkets.com.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

US Stock of the Day for July 25, 2011

This week will be wild... watch for a sharp move either way!

Let's take a look at what we hold...

FOSL - purchase on June 27 @ $114.11 sitting today @ $133.01, a 16.6% gain.  I'm keeping my stop loss @ $125.95.

ISRG - purchase on July 18 @ $362.94 closing today @ $405.10, a 11.6% gain.  I'm raising my stop loss to $390.12.

My July 21st order for SH did not trigger.

CMG - purchase on July 22 @ $334.43 with a stop loss @ 331.09.  It closed @ $335.52, for what I'll call even for now.  I'm leaving my stop loss in place.

For July 25th, I'm choosing INFA @ $55.55 with a stop loss @ $54.98.

OVERALL 

The Overall total return is 71.5% since my first purchase approximately 6 weeks ago.


So far... 7 winners... 3 even... and 6 losers (at -1% each, and one at 0.3%) for a great overall profit.

I would encourage you, especially if you're looking for a more stable, weekly approach to trading, to look at http://www.investinthemarkets.com/.  

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. What happened to CMG from the 22nd? It triggered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... an oversight... corrected. Stop loss simply remains in place.

    ReplyDelete